Friday, January 06, 2012

Recipe Lineup #9: Pinterest Pinfest of Yumminess (70+ recipes)

So my motivation to make a weekly recipe list (over 70 recipes this week) for my family took off early fall of 2011. Some how, I came across a website called Pinterest. It is the new craze for social media. It truly is the mother ship of visual information. So, this is where I get most of my weekly recipes (the secret is out.) I also have found, over 400 other recipes sites, I stumble through when Pinterest has given me my fill. 


So this week, what have I pinned? Oh a little of this and a little of that. Some great recipes for your little ones. A little selection of snacks and treats. A salad in the middle of it all. You will find some take out or restaurant recipes, which you can make in your home. Find some smoothies that will refresh and revive you.  Scroll down to find over 20+ recipes for you, your family, friends, co-workers (if you have leftovers to take to work) to enjoy. Plus a link to find 50 healthy recipes to jump start your 2012 off from Two Peas & Their Pod. 



Meal #1
Taste of Home


The Family Kitchen


Apples & pork chops, you just can not go wrong. I have never had a sweet potato cooked this way so it will be fun to see how it turns out. Let me know how it goes at your house. 


Meal #2
Zen Family Habits


The Family Kitchen
Homemade Pot stickers


This just seems like a fun pairing. I am hoping the finger food will be enjoyed by the our kids as much as us. I love it when I can find a delicious recipe that is a typically ordered for take out. Who here loves this pairing?

Oh, The Zen Family Habit link is not just for the Laksa. You can get 4 other quick recipes using 5 ingredients. The Laksa is the second recipe, so you might have to scroll to see it. 



Meal #3


Eating Well



Turntable Kitchen


Pepitas....or no shell pumpkin seeds. Had no idea that was what they were called. What a rich meal. I think I will be using Talapia instead of the cod. Like Trader Joes selection of that kinds of fish over the cod. Might have to follow this one up with something sort of sorbet to get the taste buds back to normal. 


Meal #4
Mama Loves Food


Nicole Hunn


Yah, me and Dry Active Yeast are not the best of friends. Every time I try to use the stuff, the product never makes it to the oven. It might be that I don't have the patience or the skill. I would much rather make a muffin or a bread stick. Those always turn out. :) I probably will not try this because of our past experiences. However, I did think it was a fun recipe. Will any of you going to be mixing it up and putting these Gluten Free Rolls in the oven? 



Meal #5
iVillage 

paired with 

Iowa Girl Eats 


Seasoned with Love



This is going to be an Italian meal for friends to enjoy as well. Happy to find this recipe for Bucca Di Beppo, which is a family style Italian Restaurant.


Worthy Trying


Drinks


Wishful Chef



Jeannette's Healthy Living



Epicurious




Treats/Snacks
Thursday Night Smack Down


Fat Free Vegan Kitchen



The CopyCat Cook


The Wannabe Chef



Weelicious



Breakfast
Martha Stewart


The Kitchen


Salad

Oh She Grows




Happy times in your kitchen and stomach!


Isn't it a much better experience when you step into that grocery store and you have a list with you? Even better, isn't a great feeling to have meals planned out? Are you making any changes to how you are planning, shopping, preparing your meals since 2012 is so fresh? Do share in the comments. 


I would love to hear what your favorites were. Ones you just won't try or maybe something you tweaked. Come on, don't be shy. If you knew me you would be jumping on the comment bandwagon and shouting from the laptop all you feel. 


Many thanks to YOU, for making it all the way down to this sentence. I know your days are filled with your everyday ventures, so thanks for seeing what I do each week. If you liked this, share away. If it helped you, it might help your circle of cool people.


Want even more inspiration to have a healthy new year? Here is a great link from Two Peas & Their Pod which has 50 recipes with ingredients that could make it on your grocery list. Oh they all sound yummy. 




Munch, Munch, Yum, Num, Mmmmm Good. 


See you next week. 


Linda Jacobson
The Helpful Sister








Recipe Lineup #9: Pinterest Pinfest of Yumminess (70+ recipes)SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment